Monday, June 19, 2017

Head to the Lake

by Cindy Lindgren

With 10,00 Lakes to chose from, it's a difficult choice to pinpoint our favorite. I asked our HandmadeMN members to share their favorite lake and an item from their shop with a lake theme. Click the photo description for more details. From fishy pouches to lake stone jewelry, here are their offerings:

 Western Art Glass
"My favorite lake is a little pond at The Hennepin Overland Railroad a couple blocks from my house on East 38th Street."
Stained Glass Pumpkinseed Sunfish
Shawn Jeanne Originals
"I'm ready to do some snorkeling in Minnesota lakes. The fish aren't as colorful as these Hawaiin beauties but it's still fun. I love Bay Lake and Lake Harriet."
Hand Painted chiffon silk scarf
Regansbrain
"My favorite water spot is the Minnehaha Creek!"
Decorative anchor pillow cover

Chatter By Hammer
"My favorite lake is Potato Lake in Park Rapids."
Custom Lake Art Jewelry
Minnebites
"I'm not really one for favorites, and how could I choose? There are so many! I'll enjoy whichever body of water I happen to be at in the moment!"
Blue Fish Coin Purse

Candyce Westfield
"My favorite lake is Lake Superior but I also love Leech Lake which is very close to my home!"
Lake Superior Beach Stone with Textured Copper Necklace
Gemnorde
"My favorite nearby lake is Medicine Lake."
Watersky Statement Necklace

Naturally Unique Rock

"Most of our products are made from Lake Superior rock and driftwood."
Lake Superior Rock Rain Gauge
Susie B Handicraft
"There's nothing like the North Shore."
Recycled Beach Bag

Margaret Mousley
"My daughter researched names of lakes in Minnesota, not all 10,000 but a lot! "
Land of Lake Minnesota Tee Shirt made of performance fabric.











3 comments:

Sharon Parker said...

Fun items! I enjoyed reading what each had to say about their favorite lake.

Brian Western said...

Glub...glub...snorkel FUN...hook line and sinker! a wonderful blog of splish splash in Minnesota! Thanks for including my little glass hyperbole in the 10,000 lake melange!

Mara said...

Such cool stuff from cool MN artists!