Friday, December 26, 2014

Fun Friday Finds: The day after Christmas

By Sharon Parker
Arty Didact

I think Minnesota artist Dazey Chic sums up the sentiment of today for many of us with her printable
poster that says, "Today I will be happier than an elf on December 26th."

Buy this as an instant download from DazeyChic on Etsy
I know there are people who love to rush off to the after-Christmas sales and snap up a few deals, and I wish them the best in their bargain hunting. As for me, I love the sense of slowing down, reflecting on the season, and savoring a cup of coffee or tea (perhaps in a new handmade mug you got for Christmas!)

It's an excellent time to break in a new journal, write a few thank you notes, look over a 2015 calendar, and begin the dreamy not-quite-yet-planning phase of next summer's garden or vacation or both.

And perhaps treat yourself to a unique Minnesota handmade item to facilitate the whole process. Here's a starting point for your browsing and planning:

(click on the image to examine the collection on Etsy)

0 comments: