Friday, March 7, 2014

Fun Friday Finds: Screaming at Winter, Go Away!

By Sharon Parker
Arty Didact

A few days ago a Facebook friend pointed out that we had come pretty close to a record snowfall this winter and wouldn't it be great if we got those however many additional inches to set a new record. Of course, she could just as well have said the same thing about our number of days with temperatures below zero, but she wisely didn't go there.

Well, I have to say, I'm not with her on that one. I don't care about any dang snowfall records, I just want winter to go away. And I get the distinct impression that I speak for the majority with that sentiment.

Not that the snow hasn't come in handy at times. How many of us found those high snowbanks lining our streets useful for stopping our cars in the last week or so? I certainly employed the snowbank on a couple of occasions, and I witnessed a few others doing the same.

Now that we're catching glimpses of pavement again, could puddles and mud be far behind? Now there's something to look forward to!

You know what to do: click on the image to get a good look at the collection on Etsy, and maybe buy yourself a little something handmade from a Minnesota artist/crafter to celebrate the coming of spring.

0 comments: