Friday, January 25, 2013

HandmadeMN Fun Friday Finds ~ Tropical Dreams in Minnesota

By Mara Olden of Dragonfly Adornments

Obviously, winter is getting to me. I am dreaming of tropical beaches, swaying palm trees, the ocean lapping at my toes and a coconut drink.  I bet many of you are feeling the same way, after these frigid temperatures we've been enduring here in Minnesota. 

I created this warm, tropical treasury to bring you along on my tropical dream. I included a poem written by Peyton Alexis  that says it all.
(Click on the image to view the treasury in Etsy.)

Tropical Island

Palm trees sway 
To the beat or the drums 
As my plane lands 
My Caribbean escape awaits 

I dip my feet 
Into the refreshing warm water 
The ocean sweeps me away 
To my personal paradise 

Flashes of color 
Shimmering scales 
Crystal blue water 
A blissful sight 

The burning red sun 
Battles the soft ocean breeze 
My toes dig deeper into the sand 
I don't want to leave 

The reef is a playground 
To all curious creatures 
And the seaweed rocks back and forth 
To the rhythm of the water 

But sunset comes 
In shades of orange, yellow, and pink 
As it settles to rest 
Sinking beneath the ocean waves 

by Peyton Alexis

1 comments:

workboy53 said...



A total of 5,171 people were observed simultaneously by two independent observers, and the inter-rater reliability use of sunglasses was excellent (Cohen's kappa = 0.83). Overall, 33.0% of people wore sunglasses when observed.


Crystal Custom
Promotional Sunglasses
Promo Sunglasses
Personalized sunglasses
Customized sunglasses