Tuesday, December 1, 2009

8 Questions with...Candy Westfield

By Kat Lewinski of The Snuggery


Meet Candy Westfield. Candy lives outside of Walker, MN on 80 acres! She's married with three children, two who are in college and one more still at home. Candy feels very lucky that making jewelry is her full time job right now. You can find Candy on her website, Connected Elements Designs or her Etsy store, also Connected Elements Designs.




1. What types of items do you sell in your store?

I make jewelry using fine silver, beach stones, resin, glass, copper bronze and enamel.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

In my former career I worked in natural resources... so much of my inspiration comes from a deep connection to the natural world.


3. Do you have a specific space where you do most of your work?

Yes, we have a loft over our living room that I have now claimed as my work space!

4. When did you first start crafting?

Oh... when I was a little girl. My mom was a painter and I sat beside her and played with paper mache' or anything that was around.

5. Do you do any crafts or art beyond what you sell?

I make hand made books and dabble in printmaking when I get time.


6. What are your favorite places to buy supplies?

Rio Grande for most jewelry supplies.

7. What is the best thing you've ever done to promote your etsy store?

This :)

8. What other etsy store(s) do you really like?

Oh there are so many... go to my etsy site and check out my favorites list!

If you are a member of HandmadeMN & would like to be featured in Eight Questions email me at katbaro at yahoo dot com.


2 comments:

Cheri said...

I love Candy's work, the stones and metal work together, I can't stop looking at them!

westfld said...

Thank You Cheri! Always nice to hear!