Wednesday, November 4, 2009

8 Questions with...Ellie Jacobson

By Kat Lewinski of The Snuggery

Meet Ellie Jacobson. Ellie is a Minnesota girl who was born in St. Paul and has lived in Brainerd and St. Cloud. Currently, Ellie lives in Farmington, MN with her husband Mark. They have their hands full with two little boys, Sean 3 and Alex 1 1/2. Luckily, Ellie gets to work at home in medical transcription and quality assurance. You can find Ellie on her blog Ellie's Stamp Garden and her Etsy store My Little Chickadee Creations.



1. What types of items do you sell in your store?

Right now I've been working mainly with travertine tiles and making coasters, magnets and will soon be adding ornaments. I also love paper and making mini spiral bound books.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

All around me! Since I'm around my little boys most hours of the day I do get a lot of inspiration from them and even the shows they like to watch, the colors, patterns, etc. Nature inspires me as well as the colors, patterns and textures of everything around me.


3. Do you have a specific space where you do most of your work?

I have a little corner of the house just for me, it's not much but it's a room where I keep the things that mean the most to me, pictures, mementos, stuff I collect and of course all my crafting goodies.

4. When did you first start crafting?

I've always loved to craft. The grade school I went to really was great for fostering crafts, teaching us about needlepoint, painting, etc. I remember learning needlepoint in grade school in the 5th grade. I then taught myself cross stitch but still didn't really feel very creative because I followed a pattern. Fast forward many years (about 10 years ago now) I went to a stamping party and I become hooked on stamping. I was not talented enough to free hand paint and draw but with a stamp I could do the things I wanted to do. So I started with cards and it grew from there.

5. Do you do any crafts or art beyond what you sell?

I like to scrapbook which is just for me.


6. What are your favorite places to buy supplies?

I buy supplies online, through The Angel Company, local craft shops, and thrift stores as well to find pieces to alter.

7. What is the best thing you've ever done to promote your etsy store?

I'm still pretty new to Etsy and I'm new to the MN Street Team but I think joining this local Etsy team is a great way to learn from others locally.

8. What other Etsy store(s) do you really like?

Oh my gosh there are so many. To name just a few:

If you are a member of HandmadeMN & would like to be featured in Eight Questions email me at katbaro at yahoo dot com.



1 comments:

Sara said...

Nice work Ellie! I especially love those little owl coasters. So cute! Good luck with your Etsy adventures.