Thursday, July 30, 2009

Be A Mentor

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium


Throughout my life I have had fabulous mentors. They have touched my life in ways they will never know. I have thanked them as I have achieved goals and shared my success with them. Some of my mentors have been in my life for a very short period of time, and others have been in my life for 20 years. The best way that I can repay them is to be a mentor myself!

I am in a place in my life right now that I can mentor others. I don't have a lot of free time, but I make time to mentor. I remember hearing long ago that sometimes the mentor receives more than they give and that has been my experience! There is so much joy that shows in someone's face when they have achieved a goal. The look of sheer joy is worth any time or effort I have put into mentoring!

Have you considered being a mentor? Do not delay! Pick up the phone today and volunteer your time and your talents. There is someone out there who is looking for you to help them achieve their goals and share in the joy of their success! Be a mentor!

2 comments:

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Excellent reminder to be generous with our time. Thanks Michelle.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I agree with Sue. Mentoring is such a powerful and inspiring activity - for both people involved.