Monday, June 8, 2009

That Little Something Extra

By Kat Lewinski

One of the things I love about buying from Etsy sellers is how personal the transactions can be. You know you are buying an item directly from the person who made it & often packages include hand written thank you notes. One lovely trend I've noticed with the last couple of items I've ordered was the inclusion of a little something extra. It's such a nice treat to find a little gift in with your order & really makes you feel even better about the transaction.


Studio Mela from Minnetonka included this darling paper doll with a print I ordered. I cut her out & she stands in my craft room window.
IMG_3871
Yellow Monday from Australia included a couple of things in my last order.
IMG_3869
One was a polaroid-sized signed print & the other a bookmark with her store url on one side & a thank you on the other. Both of these now reside on my inspiration board in my craft room.

It's so wonderful to know these sellers put in an extra effort to make your order special. Have you received a little something extra with anything you've ordered lately? Do you include anything with your shipments?

5 comments:

Amy Perrotti said...

Yep, I totally agree. Very Fun getting packages from Etsy sellers!!! :D
Amy

Maven said...

I sell vintage clothing and I package everything in a handmade drawstring bag. I usually make the bags out of vintage sheets. It's way more interesting than getting a dress in a plastic bag! Plus it's obviously reusable and makes a great gift bag.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

I haven't received much extra with my purchases but have received a hand written thank you which is always special. I include a hand written thank you also with my pottery shipments, and have made some small pottery ornaments which I will include as an extra as soon as they're completed.

Retro Vertigo said...

FYI -- Yellow Monday's link is broken... :(

kat said...

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link. It's fixed now.