Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reusable Swiffer Covers - HandmadeMN *Faves*

I am usually very environmentally conscious, but, because cleaning is NOT one of my favorite things to do, I am guilty of using products that make it easier. One of these products is the disposable pad floor mop known as the Swiffer.

Then, I ran across the neat alternative to the disposable cloths in Turnaround Design's favorites. (Okay, I know I just used one of her favorite's in my last post, but she *hearts* really neat stuff!)

Etsy seller, Country Kiddies, knits these great reusable pads that can be attached to the Swiffer or similar kinds of floor mops. For only eleven bucks, shipping included, you can order, not one, but two of these environmentally conscious and economical covers. They are made of acrylic yarns and can be used either wet or dry.

One thing I do to make cleaning more enjoyable is to sprinkle a few drops of essential oil on my dust rag. Somehow, the wonderful aroma makes cleaning more enjoyable. The same thing could be done on these knitted pads for sweeping the floors. For heavier cleaning, I have tried the Swiffer pads for wood floors, and they seem to make the floor really streaky. With these re-useable pads from Country Kiddies, I could just used my favorite vinegar and water solution that never streaks.

Spring cleaning, here I come!


0 comments: