Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eight Questions with...Sharon Schneider

Meet Handmade MN member Sharon Schneider of St. Paul, MN. Sharon is married and the mother of three teenagers. On top of all that she runs her store Shaggy Baggy. You can also find Sharon of her Shaggy Baggy website.
1. What types of items do you sell in your store?

I sell totes -- and handbags. Right now I am focused on recycled coffee totes.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

I like to repurpose. I am inspired to make items functional yet unique and original.
3. Do you have a specific space where you do most of your work?

I have a purple sewing room . . . and the kitchen table

4. When did you first start crafting?

I took every sewing class my high school offered. I've been crafting with my kids for 15 years.

5. Do you do any crafts or art beyond what you sell?

I am pretty busy sewing now. We will make an occasional Christmas ornament or gift.
6. What are your favorite places to buy supplies?

Ikea, Ahkwok buckles. On ETSY: Vintagehomestyle, JennifersJewels does my labels, I got a great ironing board cover from CityChicCountryMouse.

7. What is the best thing you've ever done to promote your etsy store?

I stay visible with new listings and renewing often.

8. What other etsy store(s) do you really like?

Tamaralines -- great jewelry, Pursecution - great leather, Katherynmd - great coffee, motleymutton - great critters

If you are a member of HandmadeMN & would like to be featured in Eight Questions email me at katbaro at yahoo dot com.

1 comments:

City Chic said...

Thanks for mentioning our shop! Your bags are awesome! I love the fact that they are made from repurposed materials.