Thursday, May 7, 2009

Recycled Cycle Bottle Opener

I found these great bottle openers in Suzanne of SuzAndRoo’s list of Favorites. It seems that it is always harder to find neat gifts for guys, so these really stood out. (Actually, I would like one too, and I am a girl.)

Recycled Cycle Bottle Opener


Erica Gordon of Seattle, Washington, is the founder of this neat company that she has named Steel Toe Studios. As a trained blacksmith, artist and designer, she has made it her mission to make the company green and sustainable.

In keeping with her mission, not only are the bicycle parts in these openers recycled, she also lines the reusable tins they come in with tubing from bicycle tires. If you are looking for a belt, Erica also makes belts and buckles from recycled bicycle tubes and cogs.

Erica’s talent as an artist and designer are clearly visible in her pieces.

Wouldn’t they make great Father’s Day or Graduation gifts?! I think I am going to order one for my brother for his birthday. :)

0 comments: