Thursday, May 21, 2009

Local Scene - Downtown Stillwater

By Wild Dog Studio


A popular summer destination, Stillwater is a beautiful river town located in the St Croix Valley. It’s charming, historic downtown is dotted with unique shops, galleries and restaurants, just waiting to be explored.

My husband and I recently spent an enjoyable Saturday afternoon there. We browsed a few antique stores together, then split up. I took in the fabulous handmade finds at the Rivertown Art Festival while he checked out the beers at the Brewers Bazaar.



We met back up a couple hours later at The Freight House for a couple drinks and some fabulous sweet potato fries (yum!).


All in all, a great afternoon spent in this charming river town.






3 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

If you're in downtown Stillwater, you may want to take some time to head a bit north out of town (less than 5 minutes) to see Fairy Falls. It's a remote park run by the National Park Service. There's a lovely waterfall and nature trails. Here's a link to a picture I took of the waterfall:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/picturesbyann/2543515278/

Toni said...

Beautiful waterfall! Thanks for the info, I'll check it out next time I'm there.

Toni

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Four times a year I go to Stillwater! I love to enjoy every season in this fabulous community! Thank you for sharing!
Michelle-