Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What Is Your Favorite Quote?

By Michelle of Evie's Tool Emporium

What is your favorite quote and how has it influenced your life?
This is my favorite quote and how it has influenced me!


You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

The last sentence in particular has influenced my life on more than one occasion. When I think there is something I cannot do, I try even harder to accomplish it. It is as if that sentence is a challenge in my life to be even more than I think I can be. The calm after the storm if you will!

Please leave your favorite quote and how it has influenced you in the comment section.

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Michelle-

4 comments:

DaMonique said...

"What you say is what you get" (source unknown)

It's greatly influenced me my whole life because my dad has said this to me many times as I was growing up- I didn't always understand what it meant but as I got older I figured it out.

It's made me see how much of an influence I have on myself!!! It's so easy to blame things on other people or events that are out of our control but really it's about your attitude. If you believe you Can't Do Something then you won't ever see it happen, whereas if you believe YOU CAN, there really isn't much that would be standing in your way, things may interrupt but nothing will stop it if you believe in your abilites.

Our thoughts are very powerful so be careful what you think. Chase those negative thoughts away and replace them feel-good thoughts!

xoxoxo
damonique.blogspot.com

Sara said...

"Stop thinking. Let things happen. Be the ball." (Ty Webb)

"Give me an 'L.' Give me an 'I.' Give me a 'V.' Give me an 'E.' L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise you've got nothing to talk about in the locker room." (Maude)

"Don't get officious. You're not yourself when you're officious. That's the curse of a government job." (Maude, again)

"I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just...let it happen. Could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee." (Special Agent Cooper)

palettepassion said...

"God gave you children and talent, I guess he knew what he was doing".
(recent customer Carol Christine)

I always struggle with balancing my role as a stay at home of young kids and my need to have my own life too. Often my creative needs take a backseat but it's what keeps me sane for the most part. This remark, in casual conversation, just totally put things in perspective.

If I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't have been put here. Even though I know I'll have those days when I want to run from the house screaming :o)

palettepassion said...

"God gave you children and talent, I guess he knew what he was doing".
(recent customer Carol Christine)

I always struggle with balancing my role as a stay at home of young kids and my need to have my own life too. Often my creative needs take a backseat but it's what keeps me sane for the most part. This remark, in casual conversation, just totally put things in perspective.

If I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't have been put here. Even though I know I'll have those days when I want to run from the house screaming :o)