Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Featured Shop - Prayer Bedes

When I was very small, I had a plastic glow-in-the-dark rosary. I would keep it next to the window, and every now and then I would take the rosary into a closet, shut the door, and recite the prayers as the beads glowed in my hands.

As religious milestones came along in my life such as First Communion and Confirmation I might receive a "real" rosary. I've always been fascinated by the heaviness of them, compared to that little plastic glow-in-the-dark one I played and prayed with in the closet.

Christine Stanton, owner of Prayer Bedes, could impress the daylights out of a young person in love with rosaries. And for adults who realize the power of prayer she creates beautiful works of art to facilitate the meditation of repetitive prayer.

Prayer Bedes offers a variety of rosaries representing different faiths and rituals. Christine uses beautiful lampwork and accent beads to make her rosaries not only useful, but works of art.

Handmade Lampwork Glass Brass Orthodox Chotki

With a purchase of a rosary comes a booklet with information and suggested prayers and a velour pouch to keep the rosary safe.

Visit Prayer Bedes and see how beautiful and inspiring a rosary can be.

4 comments:

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Beautiful creations!

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Lovely work! I cherish my rosaries that I have received through the years as gifts. Each one holds a special place in my heart!
Michelle-

JulieMeyer said...

I forgot all about my glow-in-the-dark rosary - I'm sure it was the same one!
Nice work!

prayer bedes said...

Hey, Sara. Thanks for the plug. I needed some motivation to get myself back in my studio today. It is just too nice outside! =)