Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm going crazy!


Here's the deal...I work, I have kids, I am married, I have friends, I have a dog and a few relatives I still speak to. I paint, make jewelry, do cut paper collage and some photography. There is myspace, facebook, flickr, etsy, ebay, google blogs, typepad, sxc (photo sharing site, really cool), art fairs, and promotional materials...and I do all of it sort of half a**ed (in case there's kids in the room!) The fam wants me to make dinner, the teachers want me to hover over the kids while they do their mind-numbingly boring homework (middle school and high school), I'm supposed to exercise, pay bills, do laundry and I really, really need a hair cut.

So, what am I doing? I just printed some pictures, filled out all the forms and ran an application for the Eagan Art Festival to my mailbox before my crabby mail lady came. The app was supposed to be in on the 16th, but the festival lady said I could apply if I got it in TODAY!!! I was supposed to also have a photo of my exhibit booth, which I don't own...maybe they won't notice. Oh, and I had to pay an extra 30 bucks too, which seems a bit punitive.

How do you art divas do all this stuff? If you're doing something, there's like 50 other things you're not doing! If I don't make stuff I'll go crazy, but I really want to sell it so people quit asking me where I sell my art. (Why does selling it make it valid, anyway?)

Did I mention I write poetry and am in the middle of writing a book on the Song of Solomon?

I gotta focus...but I'm not sure what on.

Here's my sister's website...Frog Dog Art

4 comments:

Shelley Ann said...

I hear what you're saying and I can relate! My problem isn't the money to buy into shows/fairs/etc. It's putting in the time to actually do it! I have 7 kids. One to visit in CA and the rest who live with me or live with their mom (since I'm their step-mom). That's a lot of kids ball games, homework, groceries, laundry and etc.

If someone found a way to sell extra hours in a day on etsy or ebay I'd "buy now."

Lisa Jordan said...

Ah! I have the same disease! I'm always wondering how others do it. If I could only manage to function on less sleep, I think I'd have it made.

tdcbiz said...

Oh and then there's me. I'm just trying to figuire out all these chat places.
Your note was fun to read! In regards to more hours in a day... haven't figuired that one out yet, but to fight fatigue and tiredness, try:
shophealthandbeauty.com
It's another of our websites.
Order the Rhodiola supplement and XS Energy Drink. Low Carbs and no calories. Lots of flavors.
That's how I do it! I just finished slammin' Rhodiola and chased it with a Caffiene free Cran-Grape XS Energy drink. Or I was thinkin' my toddlers might get duct taped to the tree outside.

Hey, I'll look forward to hearing more about your book on the Song of Solomon! Great tips in that book on marriage intimacy! Sure didn't read that in Lutheran Sunday school!

Well, enjoy the Rhodiola and XS! Beats prescriptions and jail!

As far as creating goes... that's where I find me! Kirsten... not Mom, not Maaaaam, not Honey, not Hey You!. Just Kirsten!
I'm greatful for having found Etsy and the community of like minded creators!

LOL :D
Kirsten
eyecandycreative.etsy.com

kellybot said...

Oh, I feel so lame! I feel exactly like you do, except I don't have kids, never been to a festival, only do a couple of crafts, don't have to cook if I don't want to, etc., etc. I'm totally in awe of supermoms.
Kelly
kellybot.etsy.com